Wes Schwend Insurance Agency
Wesley Schwend

115 S Main Street PO. Box 130
Bridger, MT 59014

Email Me
Phone: (406) 662-3930
Cell Phone: (406) 208-7294
Fax: (406) 662-8018

Office Hours:
9:00 - 5:00, M-F
Request a Quote
Request a Quote
By Email or call us
(406) 662-3930
(406) 662-3930

Farm Insurance & Ranch Insurance Quotes

Your Farm and Ranch Property Policy

The farms and ranches of today are considerably different from their counterparts of only a few years ago. Just as your operations have changed, so have your insurance needs. That's why our QBE Farmers Union Mutual Insurance Company has developed a special Farm and Ranch Property policy that allows you to select those coverages which meet your current needs.

Your Dwelling

Flexible coverage for farm and ranch homes is available under the following covered peril options:

#1 Basic

  • fire/lightning
  • windstorm/hail
  • explosion
  • riot/civil commotion
  • damage by aircraft or vehicles
  • smoke
  • vandalism
  • theft
  • collision

#2 Broad, All of #1 Basic plus

  • falling objects
  • weight of ice, snow, sleet
  • accidental tearing apart
  • accidental discharge
  • freezing
  • electrical damage

#3 Risks of Direct Loss ~ All of #1 Basic and #2 Broad plus other direct losses, except those specifically excluded in the policy.

We have an inflation guard for homes. In the event of a claim, your coverage limits are more likely to keep pace with inflation.

Loss of Use

If a loss covered under the policy makes your home uninhabitable, we will pay for any necessary increase in living expenses in order to maintain your normal standard of living up to the limit stated in the policy.

Your Household Personal Property

Most people don't realize how much they have invested in their belongings, or how much they rely on them. Our Farm and Ranch Property policy automatically provides specified amounts of coverage for your household personal property when located in your home and away from your home.

We automatically insure your household personal property for its actual cash value. For a small additional premium, you can obtain replacement cost coverage.

Your Buildings and Structures

Most types of buildings, including barns, implement sheds and granaries can be covered under our Farm and Ranch Property policy. Even buildings on secondary locations, seasonal or additional dwellings, and other special structures can be covered. We provide an inflation guard for qualified farm buildings. In the event of a claim, your coverage limits are more likely to keep pace with inflation.

Depending on the condition of your building, you may be able to insure it for Fire & Lightning, Basic or Broad with Replacement Cost Coverage.

Your Farm Personal Property

Our Farm and Ranch Property policy's flexible coverage for your farm personal property can help keep you in business should a disaster occur.

Most tools, farm supplies and machinery necessary to operate a farm or ranch may be insured under Blanket coverage or specifically Scheduled.

Blanket - Covers most farm personal property (inventory required, co-insurance and certain exclusions apply, $25,000 minimum).

Scheduled - Covers only specifically listed property for actual cash value up to the limit selected.

Machinery - All machinery is covered within the State of Montana and up to 50 miles into a bordering state or Canadian province. Newly acquired and replacement machinery is automatically covered up to certain limits for up to 30 days from date of purchase. You may secure machinery glass breakage coverage without a deductible.

Livestock - Our Farm and Ranch Property policy provides actual cash value coverage for cattle, sheep, swine, goats, horses, mules and donkeys, which may be insured by class. More valuable livestock may be individually insured.

Your Farm Liability Policy

Farm and Personal Liability

Adequate liability protection is very important. You've worked long and hard to build what you have. Our Farm Liability policy can protect you, up to the policy limits, if you are found to be legally liable for bodily injury or property damage that is covered under the policy.

Medical Payments

Coverage is provided for medical expenses that result from injuries to visitors or guests. These expenses are covered, up to the limit of medical coverage, even if you are not legally liable.


When your vehicles are also insured with us, you may qualify for a Farm and Ranch Umbrella which provides valuable additional coverage limits in many circumstances.

Crop Insurance

Protect your family's livelihood by purchasing proper crop coverage. This coverage can be very complicated, so working with a veteran agent who knows the business can allow you to prosper in poor growing conditions. At the Wes Schwend Insurance Agency, we provided this valuable coverage through Rain and Hail and Pro Ag.

If you would like to work with a local agent on your MT farm insurance, please call us anytime at (406) 662-3930 or you can use our online quote request form and we will get right back with you.

Wes Schwend Insurance Agency
115 S Main Street PO. Box 130
Bridger, Montana 59014
Serving Carbon, Stillwater and Yellowstone Counties
Phone: (406) 662-3930
Cell: (406) 208-7294
Fax: (406) 662-8018
Email: SchwendAgency@gmail.com
Website – www.FarmersUnionInsurance.com/wschwend


Farmers Union Insurance | 5619 DTC Parkway, Suite 300 | Greenwood Village, CO 80111