(7:00am-4:30pm MT). We will connect you directly with a local agent
Notice of QBE Farmers Union Insurance Privacy Policies and Practices
Privacy and How It Affects You
Your personal privacy is important. At QBE Farmers Union Insurance, we recognize that you have an interest in how we collect, retain, and use information about you and your relationship with us.
Collecting Information to Conduct Business
At QBE Farmers Union Insurance, we collect, retain and use information about you for the purpose of serving your insurance needs and administering our customer relationships. QBE Farmers Union Insurance and its agents may collect nonpublic personal information about you and the members of your household from the following sources:
- Information included on your applications or other forms. (For example, name, address, and Social Security number).
- Information about your transactions with us or our affiliates. (For example, services purchased and payment history).
- Information from consumer reporting agencies and insurance-support organizations. (For example, credit relationships and history, motor vehicle reports and claims history).
- Information from other sources. (For example, medical information and demographic information).
- Information from visits to the QBE Farmers Union Insurance web site.
We may collect personal information from persons other than the individual or individuals proposed for insurance coverage.
Within QBE Farmers Union Insurance
To the extent permitted by law, QBE Farmers Union Insurance may disclose the previously described information about our customers and former customers to other QBE Farmers Union Insurance companies so that they can provide services or account maintenance, and for any other purposes permitted by law. We will not share with our affiliates information we receive from a credit reporting agency or insurance-support organization.
QBE Farmers Union Insurance employee access to customer personal information is authorized for business purposes only. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know such information in order to provide services to you. Employees who have access to customer information are required to protect it and keep it confidential.
With Third Parties
QBE Farmers Union Insurance is highly selective in choosing vendors and service providers that assist us in providing quality insurance services to our customers. We may share certain customer information with these third parties to facilitate the offering, administration, and delivery of these services under controlled circumstances designed to protect our customers' privacy. We may, in compliance with state and federal laws, disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers. (For example, insurance agents).
- Medical care institutions and medical professionals. (For example, hospitals, medical clinics or physicians).
- Adjusters, appraisers, investigators and attorneys who need the information to investigate or settle a claim involving you.
- Insurance-support organizations that are established to collect information for the purpose of detecting and preventing insurance crimes or fraudulent claims (such as the National Insurance Crime Bureau). Information collected by such organizations may be retained by them and later shared with others who use these reports.
- Persons or organizations that conduct scientific research, including actuarial or underwriting studies.
- Companies that perform services for us or on our behalf. (For example, vendors we hire to respond to customer requests or to maintain or develop software for us).
We require third parties to comply with strict standards regarding security and confidentiality of your information. They are not permitted to release, use for their own purposes, or sell any customer information we share with them to any other party.
Additionally, there may be occasions when QBE Farmers Union Insurance is legally required to disclose information about you to nonaffiliated third parties. For example, we may disclose information in response to a subpoena or search warrant, to detect or prevent fraud, or to comply with a legally permitted inquiry by law enforcement, governmental agencies or insurance regulators. We also may disclose information with your prior written authorization.
How You Can Review Recorded Information About You
You have the right to review recorded information about you contained in our files. If you have any questions about what information we may have on file, please write us at the address shown on this notice. We will need your complete name, address, date of birth, and all policy numbers under which you are insured. Tell us what information you would like to receive or view. Within 30 days of receiving your request, we will contact you and inform you of the nature of the recorded information about you in our files. At that time, we will also tell you the identity of the persons or organizations to whom we have disclosed this information in the preceding two years. We will also give you the name and address of any consumer reporting agency who prepared a report about you in our files so that you can contact them to get a copy of that report.
If you would prefer to view and copy, in person, the information in your file, please indicate that in your request.
If You Disagree With Our Records
If, after reading the information in your file, you believe it is incorrect, please notify us. Tell us what is inaccurate and why. You have the right to request that we correct, amend or delete information you feel is incorrect. Within 30 days of receiving your request, we will reinvestigate the information you think is incorrect and either change your information in our files or inform you of our refusal to change such information. If we make any changes to your information, we will notify you of those changes. We will also notify the parties listed below of those changes.
- Any party that may have, in the past two years, been given such information.
- Any insurance-support organization that we have given the information to within the past seven years.
- Any insurance-support organization that furnished the information that has been corrected, amended or deleted.
If we do not make the requested changes to your information, we will give you the reasons for the refusal and inform you of your right to file a statement. Your statement should tell us what you think is the correct information. You should also tell us why you disagree with our refusal. Your statement will be kept in your file and given to anyone that reviews the information. If we need to disclose the disputed information, we will mark the matter(s) in dispute and include your statement(s).
QBE Farmers Union Insurance reserves the right to change its policies and practices with respect to the privacy of nonpublic personal information at any time, subject to the requirements of applicable state and federal law.
This notice is being provided on behalf of the following QBE Farmers Union Insurance affiliates:
National Farmers Union Property and Casualty Company
United Security Insurance Company
For Policies Issued in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Massachusetts, New Mexico, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon and Virginia:
This notice combined with our Notice of Privacy Policies and Practices above provides a summary of QBE Farmers Union Insurance's procedure for the collection, protection and disclosure of any personal information that we obtain in order to provide you with insurance.
- This information as well as other personal or privileged information subsequently collected by us or our agent may in certain circumstances be disclosed to third parties without authorization, as permitted by law.
- A complete copy of our information practices is available to you free of charge. If you would like a copy of our information practices, please write to us. Please include your policy number in all correspondence with us.
Questions or Comments? Write to:
QBE Regional Companies (N.A.), Inc.
Attn: Corporate Legal
One General Drive
Sun Prairie, WI 53596